For 94 years, the Community Foundation of Greater Fort Wayne has worked to improve the quality of life for all residents of Allen County. As we approach the centennial of our organization, this strategic plan is designed to guide our efforts over the next three years.
We embrace the five pillars of Vision 2020, particularly the efforts in 21st Century Talent and Quality of Life. While different organizations each play a unique role in our regional efforts, we believe that we can best achieve our mission by focusing in on three key areas:
- Family Success
- Educational Attainment
- Inspiring Places
Our obligation to our customer – the community of Allen County – is to develop goals in each of these areas and to support nonprofit organizations which can best help us achieve those goals.
In this strategic plan, we will be stepping up our efforts in important ways. First, we will step up and play a stronger community leadership role in targeted areas over the next three years.
Our primary areas of community leadership focus will be:
- Riverfront development in Fort Wayne
- Allen County Community Health Improvement Plan for Children (CHIP)
- Pre-School Education
- Strengthening Nonprofit Organizations
In addition, we will also step up our efforts in our existing areas of strategic focus:
- Increasing awareness of the Community Foundation
- Growing our Assets
- Establishing a more intentional grantmaking process, linking funding priorities to outcomes
The mission of the Community Foundation of Greater Fort Wayne is to serve as a community leader to improve the quality of life by building permanent endowments, promoting effective grantmaking, fostering philanthropy, stimulating community dialogue and helping donors achieve their charitable goals.
The Community Foundation works toward this mission in the following ways:
- As a grantmaker, ensuring effective grants that meet donors’ charitable interests and address the community’s changing needs
- As a steward, providing professional investment and financial services that preserve and enlarge a community pool of charitable funds
- As a resource developer, attracting permanent assets that supply flexible community resources for today and the future
- As a philanthropic advisor, offering information and advice that helps donors and nonprofit agencies achieve their objectives and improve the community
- As a community leader, stimulating community dialogue and decision-making that help define common goals and solve crucial problems
Read/download a full PDF version of our complete Strategic Plan