Join us for #GivingTuesdayNow on Tuesday, May 5, 2020! Over 100 Nonprofits submitted requests asking for help with COVID-19 related issues and the effect it has had on their organization totaling more than $1.8 million in requests! Nonprofit requests will be displayed on CFGFW’s donate on Tuesday, May 5, 2020 from 7 AM – 7 PM for anyone to give to!
What is #GivingTuesdayNow?
#GivingTuesdayNow is a global day of giving and unity that will take place on May 5, 2020 as an emergency response to the unprecedented need caused by COVID-19. #GivngTuesdayNow is a way we hope to connect nonprofits in Allen County with generous members of the community who love your organizations and want to help.
How do I give?
You can give directly on CFGFW’s donate page. On May 5, there will be a #GivingTuesdayNow Tab that will have all the nonprofit requests listed.
How much can I give?
You can give up to the requested amount for each organization. We ask that you consider covering the credit card fee for your donation(s) so that 100% of your donation goes to the nonprofit.
Information for the Day of #GivingTuesdayNow:
#GivingTuesdayNow will take place on Tuesday, May 5, 2020. Your request will be displayed on our website at cfgfw.org/donate.
- The giving period will be 7 AM – 7 PM on May 5, 2020. Please direct your donors to cfgfw.org/donate to donate to your request.
- There will be surprise match opportunities on the day of (not to exceed your request amount).
- Reminder: Meeting your fundraising goal will be heavily dependent on how successfully you engage your donor base and inspire them to give on that day to your campaign!
Resources for #GivingTuesdayNow:
If you have any questions about marketing materials, please email Meg Saxman, Vice President of Marketing and Communications, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Below are some resources to help you have a successful #GivingTuesdayNow campaign.
- #GivingTuesdayNow toolkit – The toolkit can be found here. We have included
- graphics for online and social media
- a template for a donor email
- logos from #GivingTuesdayNow
- #GivingTuesdayNow has a google drive full of resources including logos, graphics, press release templates, social media examples, email templates and more! You can access the google drive here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1VL_tOJIBLylcT3C1W4iWgkRyud5hbmNA
Zoom Informational Session
We have put together a zoom session to give you more detailed information, give you tools to have a successful campaign and answer your questions. You can access the recorded zoom session with the information below:
FAQ for Nonprofits Participating
How does it work?
Nonprofits who have approved applications will have their request displayed on the Community Foundation’s Donate Page on May 5, 2020. Anyone can give directly to the requests displayed from 7 AM – 7 PM on Tuesday, May 5.
If my application is accepted, does that mean I will receive funding?
No. Just because your application is accepted does not mean it will be funded. It’s up to the community to donate to the requests on May 5.
Can we participate in CFGFW’s #GivingTuesdayNow campaign and have a #GivingTuesdayNow campaign of our own?
No. We are asking if you are already doing a #GivingTuesdayNow campaign that you don’t participate in our #GivingTuesdayNow campaign..
How will people know we are participating in #GivingTuesdayNow?
If your application is accepted we are counting on you to join us in spreading the word. Share this on your social media channels, send out emails, dance in the street with posters… get creative. Do what works for your donor base to help spread the word that your organizations has been impacted by COVID-19 and here’s how they can support you!