December 21, 2022 – The Community Foundation announced the launch of a community dashboard. The dashboard will contain local aggregated data detailing key indicators in the Community Foundation’s Let’s Rise! Vision Plan’s 5 pillars:
- Connected Community: We affect change in our community by being an advocate for the underserved, instilling pride and building relationships to create a sense of belonging.
- Inspiring Places: We provide resources and support to create a community filled with spaces that engage, connect and energize residents and visitors.
- Everyone’s Economy: We help create an economy where every citizen has the opportunity for upward mobility and increased security, and is motivated to achieve their goals.
- Lifelong Learning: We work to build a culture of lifelong learning that helps people flourish, strengthening our workforce and increasing resiliency.
- Healthy Mind and Body: We help each person in our community feel mentally and physically healthy, with access to tools and resources to reach their highest potential.
“We are excited to share this new resource with the community. The Community Foundation believes that we truly thrive when all of our neighbors experience greater well-being and quality of life,” said Brad Little, President and CEO. “In January 2022 and as part of our 100th anniversary celebration, we launched our Let’s Rise! Vision Plan that will connect people and resources to build a more vibrant community and this dashboard will help make that connection.
The dashboard provides beneficial local aggregated data which can help organizations evaluate programs and services, as well as gather data needed to research and/or highlight gaps in community resources. This is a user-friendly one-stop spot for data detailing the well-being of Allen County. To view the dashboard and explore the data available, please visit the Community Foundation’s website.
During 2022 the Community Foundation of Greater Fort Wayne is celebrating 100 years of serving Allen County as a public charitable foundation. The Community Foundation of Greater Fort Wayne does three things: help people make their charitable giving more impactful, connect funding to nonprofits through effective grantmaking, and provide leadership to address community needs to improve quality of life. Every day we connect people and resources to build a more vibrant community. As of December 31, 2021, the Community Foundation held charitable assets of approximately $222 million and awarded more than $8.1 million in charitable grants and scholarships throughout the same year. Since its formation in 1922, the Community Foundation has awarded more than $175 million in charitable grants.